Activity First Aid
This course is ideal for people who have responsibility for taking groups of people on activity outings such as outdoor walks or bike rides.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for members and leaders of activity and youth groups.
What you will learn?
The course covers how to deal with conditions specific to leisure and sporting activities and the outdoors.
- Communication and casualty care
- Looking after yourself
- Emergencies in public
- Extremes of temperature
- Recognition and treatment of low blood sugar
- Role of the first aider in a group setting
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Fainting, bites and stings, sprains and strains
- Head injuries, chest pains and shock
- Recognition and treatment for meningitis, poisons, seizures and stroke
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer.