Course duration 3 hrs
This course gives an increased knowledge and understanding of the reasons for Fire safety standards and regulations in the workplace, the need for Fire risk assessments. The nature of fire and its progression, the hazards and risks associated with fire and the control measures that need to be in place to ensure the safety of staff and clients alike and how these measures can be put into everyday practice.
Aims and Objectives
To increase the student’s knowledge and understanding of Fire awareness within their workplace role, identify their role in fire.
Students will be able to identify & describe;
- Fire Safety Standard
- Fire risk assessments
- The nature of fires in the workplace
- The hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- How fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- The principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- How to protect people and property