On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- Duration: EFAW courses should contain at least six contact hours
Trainers will use continuous assessment to evaluate candidates.
There is no final practical assessment.
I S Training Services are based in Leyland but covering the North West.