Load Management (Moving & Handling)
This course gives an increased knowledge and understanding of the reasons for safe manual handling procedures, Regulations and Legislation, the need for Manual Handling risk assessments and how they relate to improving health & safety. It also identifies the principles, types of equipment and testing associated with manual handing safety to ensure the safety of staff and clients alike and shows how these safe manual handling principles can be put into everyday practice.
Programme duration – 1 Day
Aims and Objectives
To increase the students’ knowledge & understanding of manual handling procedures within their workplace role and to lessen the risk of injury to self and service users.
Students will be able to identify & describe;
- The reasons for safe manual handling in their every day practice
- The importance of Risk Assessments and the significance in improving health and safety
- The principles associated with safe manual handling in their workplace i.e the spine, Back injuries and the principles of back care.
- Individual equipment available to staff and safe usage
- Types of equipment and testing requirements related to manual handling safety
- Safe and efficient Manual Handling Techniques
Students will be able to apply safe manual handling principles to enhance their every day working practice.
Who the programme is for
Staff working in the Health and Social care setting (Mandatory requirement) who require knowledge and skills to enable them to deliver Care in a safe and effective manner not only for themselves but services users as well.
The programme is accredited through Highfield/HABC
What the programme will lead to or enhance
Progression and further learning routes include:
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely
- Vocationally Related Qualifications (VRQs) / NVQs in Health and Social Care
- Will enhance good working practice and lessen risk of injury to self and others
We can also deliver the 3 hr Moving and Handling Refresher.